Deliveries, Terms and Conditions
Members' Login Area
If you are a current ISTD member and you are using the online shop for the first time, please click on "Forgot password" at the top right in the Login / Register section.
Please enter your email address when prompted and you will receive an email with a temporary password that will allow you to log in, check your contact details, make your purchase (with your 5% members discount), and reset your password for the future.
Non-members may also register to ensure that their contact details are retained for any future purchases.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully
The following terms and conditions apply to transactions and purchases made on both the ISTD Shop website and the download and streaming portal https://istddance.sellfy.store/
· “Customers” anyone, including Members purchasing an item.
· “Members” a paid-up members of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing “ISTD”
· “Sellfy” the provider of ISTDs digital download service https://istddance.sellfy.store/
· “Physical Products” means books, DVDs and CDs
· “Gemini” the ISTD appointed mailing house for physical products.
· “Normal working hours” – means 9am to 5pm on a working day, working day means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other public holidays.
Copyright and trademark
· Sharing and/or reproducing Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing syllabus material including downloads, streaming, DVDs, CDs and books is not permitted.
· A copyright statement is placed on all material.
· Images on ISTD.org, dance-teachers.org and https://shop.istd.org/shop/ and https://istddance.sellfy.store/ must not be downloaded or reproduced for personal, business or promotional purposes.
Ordering https://shop.istd.org/shop/ and https://istddance.sellfy.store/
ISTD will treat each order for goods, which is confirmed when you “Submit order” on the Check Your Order screen, as an offer by you to purchase the goods and services subject to these Terms. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your order and ISTD shall supply you, subject to availability, with the quantity and specification of goods set out in your order. ISTD shall confirm each order by e-mail and such confirmation shall be ISTD’s acceptance of the contract.
Products will be delivered to the address you indicate on the Check Your Order screen. The risk of damage to or loss of the products passes to you at the time of delivery.
The ISTD reserves the right to refuse the supply of goods/service at its discretion.
You can pay online using debit or credit cards. Our online shop uses secure payment systems and the ISTD does not store your credit card details. Please follow the onscreen instructions carefully when making a payment.
If you are having trouble ordering online, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 7377 1577.
All prices are in £ sterling, including tax where applicable, and must be paid in full including the delivery charge which is an additional charge.
Members receive a 5% discount on products, you must be logged in to activate this discount on https://shop.istd.org/shop/ and use the membership discount code available in MY ISTD to access a discount on https://istddance.sellfy.store/
While we try to hold stock of each item listed on our website, unfortunately unexpected demand or syllabus updates can sometimes result in out-of-stock situations. If an item is out-of-stock, we will acknowledge your order and advise you of an expected despatch date.
Please note that to reduce our carbon footprint and provide a more immediate service to members, we will no longer be producing physical items of some audio and video products once the current stock has sold out, only a digital format of the product will be available to purchase via https://istddance.sellfy.store/
Payment is due before shipment or download.
Prices as listed include VAT where applicable. They do not include postage, packing for deliveries. Any additional postage charges for delivery to the UK, EU and Rest of the World will be clearly indicated at the time of ordering.
Customers and not the ISTD are responsible for customs duty and taxes prevailing in their own country.
We aim to despatch all items via Royal Mail within two working days of receipt of order.
If you would like to request special delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that a quote for this service can be provided. The cost of this service is covered by the Customer.
Refunds and returns
For books, CDs and DVDs
Refunds or replacements on physical products will only be given on faulty or unopened items, if returned to the ISTD within 28 days of the date placing your order. Returns must be sent to: ISTD, c/o Gemini Print Group, 1A Dolphin Way, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, BN43 6NZ
Please retain proof of postage.
For digital audio and video
Refunds will only be provided for faulty downloads. To request a refund email email@example.com with the details of the order.
The cancellation period of 14 days applies to purchases by the consumer. You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
If you receive a corrupted copy or incomplete copy of your digital item then, in order to request a functioning copy please contact us and quote your order number and the details of the item(s) ordered with which you are experiencing issues.
If you have suffered a loss of your digital download through failure of your hardware device, damage, theft or destruction, we may, solely at our discretion, provide you with another copy of your previously purchased item.
Whilst we have every confidence in our product we cannot be held liable for loss of information due to technical failure.
Purchasing a digital download from ISTD entitles your personal use of the audio or video file on your chosen device/s. You are entitled to stream or store your downloaded purchased item(s) on multiple devices connected to your IP.
You are not entitled to distribute, upload to the internet, sell, lend, share, give or publicly display the digital item in any way. The digital item contains Digital Rights Management (DRM) which prevents illegal file sharing. By authorising the purchase and download of this product you agree to adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
You are not permitted to adapt or modify the content nor attempt to remove or circumvent the security contained within the digital file
Your right to cancel
If you would like to cancel your order for physical products you have 14 days from the day your receive your order. To cancel your order please contact Sales@istd.org. Items must be returned unopened within 14 days.
1. Cancellation of orders by Customers will be accepted in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to impinge upon a Consumer's statutory or contractual rights to reject faulty goods.
2. All orders are subject to acceptance and to availability of the goods ordered: ISTD is entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
3. You undertake that:
· all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing goods or services offered on our web site are correct, and
· the credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own card or your company's card, that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any goods or services you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any goods or services.
· These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
· These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
· Any changes to the Terms apply with immediate effect from the date of publication on the Website. By continuing to use this Website after any changes are made you accept those changes and they are binding on you.
Limitation of liability
The ISTDs liability to you is limited to refunding the price of the products as provided above. ISTD is not responsible to you to any greater extent and in particular is not liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation financial loss such as loss of profit, or otherwise) that you may incur as a consequence of its failure to comply with these Terms.
Law and jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising in relation to the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England, no. 00392978 and registered charity no. 250397.
The registered office is 22/26 Paul Street, London EC2A 4QE and the VAT number is 233 2336 96.
T: +44 (0)20 7377 1577